- Learn more about the newest Micro class "Brewing Microbiology" here. This class is offered for free to the public as well as a MICR 4003 credit for students. It is taught by our own Tyrrell Conway.
- Dr. Robert L. Burnap has been elected to the fellowship status in the American Academy of Microbiology! Read more about it here.
- The Microbiology Department is holding a banquet to hand out student awards. It will be held on April 27, 2017 at the Murray Hall Parlor from 6:00 to 8:00 PM. RSVP to Dana Hatter.
- The Student Research Symposium was on March 27, 2017! It was held in the Noble Research Center Lobby from 5:00 PM to 7:15 PM. Click the link to see all of the abstracts of the presenters of the night.
- Some of our students presented at the American Society for Microbiology. It was held at Missouri State University in Springfield, MO on March 17th and 18th. Those students were Michelle King and Biraj Kayastha from the Patrauchan lab and Colby Starr, Rawan Eleshy, and Prakash Sah from the Lutter Lab.
- Here are some pictures from a couple of recent Microbiology Department events!
- Under the HHMI Project, OSU undergraduates discover novel bacterial genomes.
- The MMG Newsletter for Fall 2016 is out. Read it here.
- The Women in Science Conference was held at the Mabee Center in Tulsa, OK on October 11, 2016. Our department had a table, "Wonderful World of Microbes".
- The Microbiology Association is holding a Departmental Cookout at Boomer Lake on Sunday Sept. 25th from 1-5 PM at Pavilion #3. Some food will be provided, but it is pot luck. Bring your favorite dish and bring some friends!
- Congratulations to Tim Burchard, Kolton Kardokus, and Savannah Martin for being named as part of the top 20 men and women at OSU.
- Honor and recognize Norman Durham for serving OSU and the Microbiology Department for fourty-one years.
- Congratulations to John Whitney for becoming a Distinguished Alumni!
Student Winner Accouncement!
Congratulations to Sway for being the winner in the President's 3-Minute Thesis Competition! View her 3-Minute Thesis presentation in the video to the left to learn about Fungi and Bacteria for Biofuels: Helps or Hurts?
MICR 4990: Brewing Microbiology
Be sure to consider our newest Micro class for Fall 2016, Brewing Microbiology! This class is offered for free to the public as well as a MICR 4990 credit for students. It is taught by our own Dr. Tyrell Conway
- Congratulations to Gretchan Moore for being named a 2015 Future Care Scholar by Tylenol!
- Biraj Kayastha is named Outstanding Teaching Assistant!
- We are pleased to announce that Dr. Karen Fortmann, from White Labs, will be the honary speaker at this year's departmental symposium.
- Congratulations to Mary Jane Wooten for being named a Distinguished Alumni!
- View our fellow homecoming queen, Carlie Goekeler, in her interview with the Dean of Arts and Sciences.