To apply to our Accelerated MS, MS, or PhD programs in the Department of Microbiology and Molecular Genetics at Oklahoma State University, please submit your application at the web site of the OSU Graduate College.
Applications to all graduate programs at OSU proceed through the OSU Graduate College.
To ensure full consideration applications need to be completed by the following deadline: February 15. Accelerated Non-Research MS has a rolling admission.
For questions regarding applying to our graduate program, please check frequently asked questions.
For an overview of recent research in our department, please see MMG recent publications.
You will need the following information:
* GRE scores
* Complete transcripts for your undergraduate degree, including your grade point average (GPA)
* Transcripts for any other degrees that you have
* Three letters of recommendation (note: there is no special form for these letters)
* Personal statement
* Information on any published papers on which you are a co-author.
* For international students: TOEFL score
* Note: you will need to pay the fee (as of November 2009: $40 for domestic students, $75 for international students) to the OSU Graduate College in order for your application to be processed and forwarded to our department.
Important relevant information about our graduate program:
* Students accepted into our graduate program are financially supported by either a graduate research assistantship (RA) or a teaching assistantship (TA).
* Applicants do not need to have identified a faculty member in our program as their research mentor. Most students choose the mentor for their graduate research during the course of their first year in the graduate program.
* Decisions on student admission are usually made by March 1st and decision letters are usually mailed out soon after that
* For more information see Department Brochure brochure on our graduate program.
For additional information and questions, please contact:
Dr. Wouter Hoff, Professor
Graduate Program Coordinator
Department of Microbiology and Molecular Genetics
Oklahoma State University
307 Life Sciences East
Stillwater, OK 74078